HDMK is Hiring
HDMK is expanding and hiring for two positions: VP/Senior Associate and Communications Associate. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. HDMK is an equal opportunity employer.
The Communications Associate will support the firm’s leadership in executing communications campaigns for a variety of public policy clients in the corporate and nonprofit sectors. The Communications Associate will create and edit original content and directly interface with clients and the news media.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting legislative research on issues and for a wide range of organizations, including corporations, trade associations, nonprofits and coalitions.
- Providing organizational management and logistical support to firm partners and clients.
- Writing and distributing press releases, case studies, opinion pieces and social media content.
- Creating press kits and monitoring key issues with daily and weekly clips.
- Producing coalition reports, PowerPoint presentations and other external documents.
- Performing administrative duties as needed.
- Conducting issue research and creating external presentations, including PowerPoint.
- Drafting and editing press releases and media advisories.
- Pitching stories to traditional, digital and social media.
- Arranging media interviews for clients.
The Communications Associate should have a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or a related discipline as well as 1-3 years of communications experience. The successful candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent critical thinking skills, be able to prioritize his or her own responsibilities and be comfortable working at a fast pace.
- Communications experience a plus
- Proven ability to manage multiple short and long-term projects in a fast paced environment
- Effective time management skills
- Strong research, writing and communication skills
- Resourcefulness, drive and initiative
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under considerable pressure and tight deadlines
Salary is commensurate with experience.